Saturday, September 13, 2008

WTF?!

There are two kinds of tuners. Backyard builders and "Paid for" builders. I know both kinds. I'm the backyard builder type. I dump a ridiculous amount of cash on parts and an even more ridiculous amount of time and energy installing and tuning them. Making sure they are set-up for optimal performance and making sure it is a clean install.

I'm trying to make a point here so bear with me.


Now there are the "paid for" builder type. They dump ridiculous amounts of cash at a shop doing the work for them. Only thing about these shops are, some know what they are doing, and some don't. Some shops are honest and some shops aren't. You never want to drop your car off at a shop that will ghetto-rig parts to fit. You want quality work, especially for the THOUSANDS of dollars you will spend for parts and labor. So bungee cords, and plumber materials don't cut it shop technicians.


I'm not saying the latter type is the wrong way to go before there are a lot of respected shops out there that have proven themselves, AMS, Buschur, RMR, etc.


But my point, pick up a wrench folks. Start slow, install bolt-ons, then experiment with wiring, then move on to building motors. Now, obviously its not as easy as it sounds, it takes a lot of commitment, practice, and research. Read-up and learn how to do it yourself. Because at the end of the day no one will work on your car the way you want to but yourself.
My Galant: Built with my own blood, sweat, and tears. Not to mention it has been emptying my pocket since 2005.



1 comment:

Kyzander said...

HA! Honest like Guillermo's shop people?